To step out of the boat and begin exploring what God is asking you to do is to step out in faith and trust:
- You’re trusting that you’ve heard the voice of God.
- You’re trusting that you’ve heard God correctly.
- You’re trusting that you really are taking the “right” step.
- You’re trusting this new unknown in your life.
It’s okay if you have mixed emotions…fears…doubts. You’re going to make giant leaps forward, as well as a few steps backward. Remember that God is by your side through it all — whether you do it “right”… whether you make mistakes…on the days you’re slaying it…and all the moments in between.
To help you on your journey, God will put people in your path to encourage you, educate you, and minister to you.
“Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing.” (1 Thess. 5:11)
“And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works…”(Hebrews 10:24)
Find an accountability partner or group who will pray with you, support you, talk straight to you, and help you stay on rack.
- Who in your life can help you fulfill God’s purpose?
- Who can help you be accountable?
- Who can you help?